Chicago, IL, July 29, 2015 –Affluent investors expect their financial providers and advisors to be accessible via mobile technologies, and actively engaged on social media including Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube, according to a new study by Spectrem Group.
The new study, Using Social Media and Mobile Technology in Financial Decisions, examines how investors are using social media and other emerging technologies in their financial dealings. The study reveals that investors increasingly want to “speak’’ with their advisors through social media, texting and other forms of mobile technology.
Other examples of how investors want to communicate with advisors include:
· Half of all Mass Affluent investors, with a net worth between $100,000 and $1 million, would read a blog on Facebook posted by their advisor.
· Among Millionaire investors with a net worth between $1 million and $5 million, almost 40 percent are willing to video-chat with their advisor rather than meet in person, and 20 percent prefer e-mail over the telephone.
· Sixty percent of Ultra High Net Worth investors, with a net worth between $5 million and $25 million, watch videos of financial commentators on the Internet.
· Depending on age and wealth, between 10 and 20 percent of all investors want to be able to text their advisor.
“Individuals are using social media for almost everything they do, and that includes wealthy investors seeking financial information,’’ says George H. Walper Jr., President of Spectrem Group. “Advisors must understand that investors are not only seeking their investment knowledge and expertise on social media channels but they also want to communicate via texting and video-chat technologies.”
Additional information can be found at Spectrem.com and Spectrem’s Millionaire Corner:
· Wealthy Investors and Social Media
· Millionaire Seniors Hip to Mobile Technology to Boost Financial Literacy
About Spectrem Group
Spectrem Group (www.spectrem.com) strategically analyzes its ongoing primary research with investors to assist financial providers and advisors in understanding the Voice of the Investor.
About Spectrem’s MillionaireCorner.com
Millionaire Corner is a premier independent online resource for investors and about investors. Millionaire Corner delivers timely, relevant and practical information and tools to help fuel financial growth for Millionaire investors and aspiring millionaires. With its Best Financial Advisors service, investors are able to search and evaluate financial advisors based on actual customer reviews of satisfaction with the advisor.
Charts and summary insights available upon request.