I love a clean crisp look, and that is exactly what black and white portrays. The contrast of the two colors creates a sophisticated overall look and is easy to do with your basic essentials in your closet. I also love to take a black and white ensemble and do a pop of bright pink or cherry red. The outfit I threw together to create my look is a mix of designers. I took my black pixie pant from JCrew and teamed it up with my sheer black top from Francesca's. Then, I pulled out my Summer white blazer and dressed up the look with Kate Spade black and gold sling backs and some JCrew and Laura Lance Collection striped bangles. Finally, to top off the look, I grabbed my black and white polk-a-dot Kate Spade bow tote. Adorable!! and... SO EASY! You can totally put together a black and white outfit to go out on the town, and it looks so clean and sharp! I could have easily done this outfit in reverse with my white jeans, black blazer, and maybe some red pumps! If you are looking for some great accessories in black and white, I pulled together my top five favorites that will pull any outfit together!
1.Manolo Blahnik- Agata Leather & Patent Leather Spectator Pumps - Saks Fifth Ave $765
2. Helen's Zebra Bangle- Laura Lance Collection - $60
3. Fendi Trois Jour Chevron Tote- Neiman Marcus - $4250
4. ML Monique Lhuillier Strapless Contrast -Hem High - Low Gown - Neiman Marcus $698 (Great deal!!!)
5. Prada Baroque Crystal Round Sunglasses - Bergdorf Goodman $595
6. Marci Heel- Coach - $198 ( will be buying soon!!)
7. Carlisle Street Nisha Wallet - Kate Spade - $198
8. Striped Umbrella- Kate Spade - $38
9. Lilia Heels-Kate Spade - $328
10. Kirk Park Medium Maise Handbag- Kate Spade - $348 NOW $208! (Great Find!)
I am crazy for ALL the items I picked for you that celebrate the trend on black and white! I hope you are going to be painting the town in these crisp contrasts! And remember…. keep your investments in black and white for a good investment in the future!